County of Santa ClaraHousing, Land Use, Environment, and Transportation Committee September 2, 2021

County of Santa ClaraHousing, Land Use, Environment, and Transportation Committee September 2, 2021

CAST TEST TEST THIS IS A TEST. THIS IS A TEST TEST TEST. THIS IS A TEST. >> THE MEETING IS NOW BEING RECORDED. >> GOOD MORNING AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP TODAY. >> GOOD MORNING. ALL RIGHT. WE HAVE 25 SECONDS MORE TO BE ACCURATE. DO WE CALL IT APPLE TIME? I DON'T KNOW HE CALLED TO ORDER PLEASE PEGGY. >> [ROLL CALL]. >> PLEASE SCROLL DOWN. I DON'T ANY SPEAKERS. >> WE DO HAVE TWO ATTENDEES AND I WAS EXPECTING ONE TO RAISE HER HAND AND SHE DID SO WE HAVE A SPEAKER. THREE MINUTES. OUR FIRST SPEAKER IS RHODA FRY YOU HAVE THREE MINUTES TO SPEAK. I REALIZE THAT WE HAD JUMPED INTO PUBLIC COMMENT I HOPE. I HAVE THREE ITEMS THAT I WANT TO TALK ABOUT ONE IS TO MY SURPRISE THE PLANNING COMMISSION WILL HAVE THREE OUT OF SEVEN POSITIONS ASSIGNED TO ONE SUPERVISOR AND I THINK THAT IS LOPSIDED AND I IMAGINE IT'S DIFFICULT FOR SUPERVISOR TO APPOINT THESE COMMISSIONERS BUT I'M ONDERING WHAT CAN BE DONE STRUCTURALLY SO THAT YOU NEVER HAVE MORE THAN TWO PEOPLE ASSIGNED TO ONE SUPERVISOR.

NO OFFENSE TO MR. WASSERMAN BUT IT WAS A SURPRISE TO ME THAT THAT COULD HAPPEN. I WANT TO KNOW WHAT CAN BE DONE ABOUT THAT A COUPLE OTHER ITEMS SURPRISE ONE DOES NOT HAVE TO DO WITH THE QUARRIES ND I WAS LOOKING INTO THE AIRPORT ISSUES AND I GOT CURIOUS ABOUT THE LEAD AND I FOUND OUT THAT PALO ALTO AIRPORT HAD BEEN THE LEAD MONITORING THAT THE EPA POINTED OUT THERE WAS EXCESS OF LEAD. FOR LEAD MONITOR WAS REMOVED BUT A NEW LEAD MONITOR WAS NEVER REINSTALLED. SAME THING HAPPENED IN SAN CARLOS. THIS WAS OUTSIDE OUR DISTRICT BUT SAME THING THERE LEAD MONITOR WAS MOVED IN 2017 AND NEVER REPLACED. EPA SEEMS TO THINK THAT LEAD IS IMPORTANT SO WHY DON'T WE HAVE THE LEAD MONITORS IN THE AIR COMING FROM SAN CARLOS AND PALO ALTO WILL IMPACT SANTA CLARA COUNTY RESIDENTS.

WE WOULD BE IMPACTED BY THE AIR AS WELL FROM SAN CARLOS. I CAN'T LEAVE YOU WITHOUT TALKING WITH THE CORE ISSUES. OVER AT LEHIGH THERE ARE TWO NEW BUSINESSES AND I DON'T THINK THEY SHOULD BE PRINCIPAL — PRINCIPAL ONE IS IMPORTING CEMENT ON THE OTHER THE ROCK PLANT. THE DRY PROCESS RATHER THAN A WET PROCESS AND I BELIEVE THEY HAVE PERMITTED UNDER QUESTIONABLE CIRCUMSTANCES WITH THE QUARRIES. HE GOT CONCLUDES THE SPEAKERS. CONSENT HAS ITEMS NINE THROUGH 13 ON IT. BEFORE SPEAKERS DO WANT TO ADD OR MOVE ANYTHING TO OR FROM IT? >> THIS IS CONTAINED IN THE PUBLIC AGENDA. >> THE CLERK IS ASKING THAT ITEM NUMBER 13 WHICH IS AUGUST 12 MINUTES BEHELD INTO ALL AUGUST 27th. >> AND HAPPY TO INCORPORATE THAT FOR APPROVAL. >> THINK YOU AND THEY DON'T SEE ANY SPEAKERS FOR THIS ITEM. >> WE HAVE NO SPEAKERS. >> [ROLL ALL]. >> WE ARE MOVING ON TO ITEM NUMBER FOUR WHICH IS RECEIVING A REPORT FROM THE MANAGEMENT DIVISION IN LOS ALTOS HILLS COUNTY FIRE DISTRICT RELATING TO THE INVITATION OF THE RECOMMENDATIONS.

>> IF YOU ARE AMENABLE I THINK WE COULD JUST ASK FOR A BRIEF UPDATE ON THE STRATEGIC COMMUNITY FUEL BREAK WITH THE OPEN SPACE DISTRICT AND I HAVE TWO QUICK QUESTIONS AND GIVEN THE COMPLETENESS OF THE REPORT IS RECEIVED OVER THE LAST EIGHT TO NINE MONTHS THAT MIGHT BE THE MOST EXPEDITIOUS PAST — PAST. I WILL LET YOU WELCOME OUR GUESTS. >> I SEE YOU BOTH ON HERE I DO NOT BELIEVE THERE IS ANYONE ELSE GENERAL MANAGER LOGAN. >> AND THE GENERAL MANAGER AND THINK GIVE AN INTRODUCTION I WANT TO INTRODUCE MARKET OR — MARK WARREN. THIS IS BEING PLANNED AND COORDINATION ALONG WITH COMMON BOUNDARIES BETWEEN THE DISTRICT 5.5 MILES. THIS PROPOSAL WAS PRESENTED AT AUGUST 17th COMMISSION MEETING AND DISCUSSION WAS HELD BETWEEN THE STAFF AND MID PENINSULA STAFF THE PROPOSAL YOU THROUGH REDUCTION TREATMENT USING A LASSO LANDSCAPE OF THE AREA.

DISTRICT OUTREACH PROGRAMS TO HOMEOWNERS ABOUT THE BOUNDARIES OF THIS PLAN AND BY FIRE ACCESS ROADS WILL BE REVIEWED THAT IS A QUICK SUMMARY OF THE FEW — FUEL BREAK. WHAT DOES J STAND FOR? >> JOANN. IS A NICE STORY BEHIND IT SOMEDAY I APPRECIATE THE REPORT HIGHLIGHTS WHAT WE DISCUSSED PREVIOUSLY WHICH IS COMMISSIONS WORKING WITH THE TEAM AT THE COUNTY IDENTIFYING AND USES OF FUNDS THAT ARE WHOLLY CONSISTENT WITH THE OBLIGATION WHILE ALSO PROVIDING REGIONAL BENEFIT SIMULTANEOUSLY. I WILL ACKNOWLEDGE THAT. IT ACHIEVES A UNPAID INFOMERCIAL FOR YOU THAT WAS MY GOAL. THE TREE REMOVAL PROGRAM THAT WAS PART OF THE AUDIT SESSION LAST FALL HAS LONG SINCE CEASED TO BE IN OPERATION, YES? >> YES.

THE TREE REMOVAL PROGRAM WAS A TOPIC OF RECOMMENDATION TWO . ONE AND THE DISTRICT WAS REQUESTED TO END OF TREE SERVICE TO IMPROVE ABILITIES AS SURVIVE WILDFIRES IN JUNE REDUCE OVERALL FIRE RISK. IT WAS RETIRED IN MARCH 2020 AND NO EXPENDITURES HAVE BEEN MADE. THE DISTRICT HAS ESTABLISHED N INTEGRATED HAZARDOUS FUEL REDUCTION PROGRAM THAT COMPLIES WITH MANAGEMENT ON IT RECOMMENDATION TWO . ONE AND SUCH SERVICES ARE CONSTRUCTED OF EVACUATION ROUTES AND ROAD HARDENING WHICH REMOVES, FIELDS, TREES AND STAGING AREAS ARE FIREFIGHTERS IN THE DISTRICT IN COLLABORATION WITH SANTA CLARA COUNTY FIRE STATE COUNCIL CONSTRUCTED EVACUATION ROUTES ON PAGE MILL ROAD IN TWO PHASES AND IS NOW FINALIZING AUTHORIZATION THAT WAS SENT TO 119 RESIDENTS ALONG MOODY AND DELMONT THE ROAD FOR THE NEXT EVACUATION ROUTE PROJECT IN ARE IN THE DESIGN STAGE AND FIRE STATION EIGHT IS PROVIDED IN REGIONAL FIRE PROTECTION SERVICE.

THE COMMUNITY FUEL BREAK WHICH I JUST DISCUSSED WITH THE MED PEN IS UNDER DEVELOPMENT AND WE HAD OUR ANNUAL GO GOAT GRAZING PROGRAM COMPLETED AND OUR HOME IGNITION ZONE SURVEY PROGRAM FOR RESIDENTS ARE NOW PLANNED IN TARGETED AREAS THAT BUT RESIDENTIAL PROPERTIES WITH MID PEN. WHEN RESIDENTS REACH OUT TO THE DISTRICT AND INQUIRE ABOUT THE SERVICES FOR DEAD THE ANSWER FROM THE DISTRICT IS IS ALTHOUGH THE DEAD TREE REMOVAL PROGRAM IS REQUIRED THE MANY PROGRAMS THAT EMERGED AS INTEGRATED HAZARDOUS FUEL REDUCTION INITIATIVES PROVIDE RESIDENTIAL, COMMUNITY, AND REGIONAL PROTECTIONS AND THESE PROGRAMS ARE A MORE EFFECTIVE AND STRATEGIC USE OF TAXPAYER FOR — A TAXPAYER FUND SUPERVISOR, THAT IS A LONG BUT I THOUGHT IT WAS IMPORTANT TO PUT IT FORWARD IS THE WAY IN WHICH WE ARE COMPLYING WITH THE TWO .

ONE IN THIS REMOVAL PROGRAM. >> THANK YOU VERY MUCH, INTO THE CHAIR IF I MAY, MY THIRD AND FINAL QUESTION OR INQUIRY HAS TO DO WITH THE FACT THAT IT IS GOOD TO SEE YET AGAIN THAT THE REPORT TO OUR COMMITTEE FROM THE HARVEY ROSE ORGANIZATION, UR AUDITOR SAYS WE BELIEVE THAT THE FIRE DISTRICT HAS IMPLEMENTED OR IS ON TRACK TO IMPLEMENT AUDIT RECOMMENDATIONS AS ADOPTED BY THE BOARD OF SUPERVISORS BUT AS WE APPROACH THE ONE-YEAR MARK I AM OF COURSE HOPING THAT SHORTLY WE WILL SEE A STATEMENT THEY ARE NOT JUST ON TRACK BUT DONE AND I HOPE THAT IS THE HOPE AND EXPECTATION OF ALL PARTIES BUT I WANTED TO ASK BECAUSE I NOTICED THE HARVEY ROSE TEAM IS ON THE CALL WITH US AND I SEE ON PACKET PAGE 11 IT SAYS WE EXPECT TO BE ABLE TO CLASSIFY IT REFERRING TO THE RECORDS MANAGEMENT SYSTEM AS IMPLEMENTED IN FULL IN THE UPCOMING MONTHLY REPORT. IN I CORRECT IN MY RECOLLECTION THAT THAT IS THE ONLY THING THAT IS STILL IN PROGRESS? AND THAT YOU STILL EXPECT THIS — YOU EXPECT THIS TO BE FULLY COMPLETED BY THE NEXT REPORT? >> YES SIR.

>> AND MS. LOGAN AND MR. WARREN I PUT YOU ON THE SPOT BUT LET ME BE ON THE SPOT. DO YOU THINK WE CAN GET THIS DONE BY THE NEXT REPORT? >> I CAN GIVE AN OVERVIEW AND A SUMMARY OF WHAT HAS BEEN DONE SO FOR THE STATUS OF THE DISTRICT ADMINISTRATIVE POLICY ON RECORD MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS RECOMMENDATION FIVE . TWO OF MANAGEMENT AUDIT AS THE DISTRICT TO SCAN AND STORE STORE OFFICIAL RECORDS AND THAT INCLUDES DEATH CONTRACTS AN ELECTRONIC DATABASE FOR CENTRAL REPOSITORY. ENSURE THAT RECORDS ARE NOT HELD AND CONTRACTORS RESIDENTS ARE PRIVATE OFFICES OR THAT THEY'RE NOT OBTAINED AND SO THEY ARE TO BE RETAINED. HARD COPIES OF DISTRICT RECORDS ARE DIGITIZED AND STORED AT DEL MONTE FIRE STATION HOWEVER THAT STATION REMAINS ON DO TO COVID 19.

>> GO RIGHT AHEAD SOMEONE SPOKE HAS A MICROPHONE ON. >> THE DISTRICT LEGISLATIVE DOCUMENTS ARE TRANSMITTED TO THE BOARD OF SUPERVISORS WITH THE CLERK THE BOARD SYSTEMS THE DOCUMENTS TO THIRD-PARTY BUILDERS ARE AVAILABLE ON A SHARED FILE DRIVE AND STORED SO ALL OF THESE DOCKETS ARE IN DIGITIZED AND STORED IN THESE DRIVES THESE ARE DIGITIZED IN MAY OF 2021 EACH HAS SEPARATE DRIVES WERE BACKUP HARD COPIES STORED IN THE COUNTY COUNSEL OFFICE. PRIOR TO 20 AND 20 THE RIGINAL HARD COPIES WERE DELIVERED TO COUNTY CONTROLLERS AND TREASURER 'S OFFICE AND THE DISTRICT ACCOUNTING SOFTWARE AND BOOKKEEPING PROCESSES ARE RESIDING IN THE FINANCIAL CONSULTING BUSINESS OFFICE. WE ARE SHORING UP OR IT OPERATIONS FOR CAPACITY FOR ALL THESE ADDITIONAL RECORDS. THAT AND THAT IS ALL ACCURATE AS OF TODAY. >> DOES THIS SOUND LIKE THE TIMELINE IS ADHERED TO BY THE DISTRICT THAT WILL BE THE PLACE WHERE FULL IMPLEMENTATION CAN BE REPORTED AT THE NEXT MEETING? >> YES. >> AND PLEASE UNMUTE TO THE CHAIR AND SHARE DOES THAT SOUND CONSISTENT WITH YOUR UNDERSTANDING AS WELL? >> IT DIES. — DOES APPEAR >> THAT I HAVE NOTHING ELSE AND IF THERE IS NOTHING NEW OR MEMBER OF THE PUBLIC WANT TO SHARE THAT I'M HAPPY TO MOVE THESE RECOMMENDED ACTIONS WHICH IS TO RECEIVE HE >> THERE IS NO ONE FROM THE PUBLIC THAT I CAN SEE REPORT IS RECEIVED WITHOUT A VOTE OR OBJECTION AND SO WE NOW MOVE ON TO FIVE PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT RELATING TO THE PEERS OF THE FIRE CHIEF REGULATION ON DETERMINATIONS WHICH IS NOT EASY TO SAY WE HAVE HE DIRECTOR HERE WHILE, APPEAR >> THANK YOU AND GOOD MORNING CHAIRPERSON WASSERMAN.

AND SUPERVISOR'S MIDIAN. I WANT TO INTRODUCE SHAWNA WHITEMAN OUR SENIOR MANAGEMENT ANALYST WHO WILL PRESENT ON THIS ITEM. SEAN? >> IS A PLEASURE GOOD MORNING HERE WITH ME WITH THE INTERIM PLANNING MANAGER AND OUR DEPARTMENTS' FISCAL OFFICER THEY ARE PRESENTING A PERVERT — A FEE TO HEWLETT TODAY LOOKING FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING THE FIRE SAFE REGULATIONS IMPLEMENTATION IT'S HARD TO SAY SO I WON'T SAY IT BUT THIS PROPOSED FEE DOES HAVE THIS APPEALED PROCESS AND IT WAS ADOPTED BY THE BOARD ON TUESDAY AUGUST 31st.

AND THE ORDINANCE COVERS THE APPEALS PROCESS AND WE INDICATED IN THE REPORTS TO YOU THAT WE WOULD BRING UP THE FEE STUDY YOUR WAY. THE FEE STUDY WAS CONDUCTED AND IT REPRESENTS A 75 PERCENT COST RECOVERY. AND WERE SETTING THIS AT $725 AND THE CONTROLLER TREASURER IS CURRENTLY REVIEWING THIS SO WE WOULD NOT BRING THIS TO THE BOARD ABSENT THEIR FULL AND FINAL APPROVAL. AND SO WE ARE HAPPY TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS YOU HAVE ABOUT THIS FEE. >> THANK YOU SEAN I APPRECIATE THAT. I SEE CHRISTOPHER HERE IN THE. WE HAVE THE HOLE CREW. >> SUPERVISOR, DO YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS. THE STAFF REPORT TO ME WAS EXPLANATORY AND I UNDERSTAND YOUR LOGIC. >> I HAVE NO QUESTIONS. I'M HAPPY TO MOVE THAT WE RECEIVED A REPORT I HAVE ONLY ONE COMMENT TO MAKE AT THIS THE VIEW OF MR.

WASSERMAN AND I WANT TO LOOK TO STAFF AND EXHORT THEM TO STAY ON TOP OF THE FEE AND COST RECOVERY RATE IF AND WHEN APPROVED BY THE BOARD SO THAT WE DON'T COME BACK IN THREE OR FOUR OR FIVE YEARS WITH A DRAMATICALLY HIGHER INCREASE THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN NECESSARY IF WE HAD MADE MODEST ADJUSTMENTS ON AN ANNUAL BASIS YEAR TO YEAR.

MR. WASSERMAN, HOW THAT IDEAL IN CHANNELING YOUR CONCERN OVER THE YEARS? >> YOU CHANNELED ME PERFECTLY. I APPRECIATE YOU BRINGING THIS UP I'M A BIG FAN OF THIS AN ANNUAL CPI TYPE INCREASES RATHER THAN NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING 30 PERCENT. >> THANK YOU FOR THIS REPORT I ALSO FOUND IT THOROUGH AND CLEAR AND I'M HAPPY TO MOVE THAT WE RECEIVED THIS REPORT AND WE WILL SEE THIS AGAIN AT THE FULL BOARD AS INDICATED BY STAFF. >> YES AFTER IT HAS ONE OF THE RETAIL AS SEAN MENTIONED. OKAY ITEM. POTENTIAL HOUSING DEVELOPMENT AT 525 CHARLESTOWN ROAD PALO ALTO. I'M LOOKING FOR CONSUELO ON MY SCREEN AND THERE IS OUR DIRECTOR GO RIGHT AHEAD CONSUELO. >> THANK. I'M HERE AT THE OFFICE OF SUPPORTIVE HOUSING IF A FEW UPDATES FOR YOU SINCE THE PREPARATION OF THE LEGISLATIVE FILE ON MONDAY THERE WAS THE THIRD COMMUNITY WORKSHOP WE HAD A TOTAL OF 49 ATTENDEES INCLUDING 20 NEW FIRST ATTENDEES WHICH IS REALLY GREAT NEWS BECAUSE IT SHOWS THAT THIS OUTREACH CONTINUES TO THIS PROCESS AND I WANTED TO BE AWARE AND ON FRIDAY THERE WAS THE PRELIMINARY APPLICATION FOR PRESCREENING TO THE CITY OF PALO ALTO AND WE ARE STILL HOLDING THE CITY COUNCIL STUDY SESSION THAT IS CURRENTLY SCHEDULED FOR SEPTEMBER 27th AFTER THAT SESSION WE HOPE TO HELP MORE FROM THE COUNCIL ABOUT THE APPROACH THAT WE DEVELOPED WITH HOUSING AND I'M HAPPY TO TAKE ANY ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS FROM THE MEMBERS APPEAR >> THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THAT.

Cuba

I DON'T SEE ANY SPEAKERS PEGGY DO YOU? >> WE HAVE NO SPEAKERS THIS MORNING. >> I HAVE BEEN WORKING CLOSELY WITH THE OFFICE OF SUPPORTIVE HOUSING AND DEVELOPMENT TEAM SO I FEEL LIKE I AM UP TO SPEED PARTICULARLY WITH HIS MOST RECENT REPORT. THE ONLY THING WILL SAY THAT MIGHT COME AS A SURPRISE TO STAFF IS PLEASE MAINTAIN A SENSE OF URGENCY IN TERMS OF TIMELINE AND I KNOW THAT THE ENTITLEMENT STRATEGY IS THE ENTITLEMENT STRATEGY IS MINDFUL THAT CONCERN AS A TEAM MOVES FORWARD WE CAN THINK ABOUT WAYS TO HAVE A THOROUGH BUT EXPEDITIOUS REVIEW OF THE PROJECT.

AND SO I THINK I AM HAPPY TO SAY PLEASE GO GO GO AND E PREPARED TO MOVE THAT RECOMMENDED ACTION WHICH IS TO RECEIVE THE REPORT. >> WAS THAT THREE OR FOUR GO. >> IT WAS THREE. >> OKAY THANK YOU. I THINK CONSUELO HAS THAT DIRECTION AND I CAN CONCUR. THANK YOU SO MUCH WE WILL CONSIDER THAT. THINK HE CONSUELO AND TEAM. ITEM NUMBER SEVEN IS TO REPOSSESS RECEIVED A REPORT FROM THE OFFICE OF SUPPORTIVE HOUSING AND THE DEPARTMENT OF PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT. JACLYN IS COMING BACK EARLY FINANCE AND DEVELOPMENT OF AFFORDABLE HOUSING FOR AGRICULTURAL WORKERS. ALWAYS A GOOD TOPIC. >> WE PROVIDED AN INTERIM REPORT THIS FIRST MEETING AND ASKED FOR ADDITIONAL TIME. BUT BECAUSE THERE IS NEW FUNDING AVAILABLE BOTH THROUGH THE STATE AND TO THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT SPECIFICALLY FOR AGRICULTURAL WORKERS BOTH ARE MULTI- AND SINGLE-FAMILY HOMES SPECIFICALLY UNDER THE USDA PROGRAM SECTION 502 ALLOWS A MORTGAGES AND RENTAL PRESERVATION PROJECTS FOR CONSIDERATION THIS IS SOMETHING THAT WE EXPLORED AS A STAFF WITH GROWERS IN SOUTH COUNTY BACK IN 2015 AND 2016 BUT WE JUST NEED MORE TIME TO TALK THROUGH WITH THE GROWERS ON POTENTIAL GUIDELINES FOR POSSIBLE LOAN PROGRAM PAPER LOOKING AT THREE SPECIFIC MODELS, SAN MATEO COUNTY SPECIFICALLY HAS A FARM LABOR HOUSING PILOT PROGRAM THAT THEY HAVE BEEN RUNNING THERE ON THEIR PHASE THREE OF LIMITATION AND WE WOULD LIKE TO ELUTE PUT THEM IN AND LEARN FROM THEM ON HOW THEIR PROGRAM IS GOING BUT ALSO SHARE THAT WITH THE GROWERS TO MAKE SURE THAT THE PROGRAM WE ARE DEVELOPING IS ACTUALLY GOING TO BE USABLE BY THE END USER.

AND THEN SAN BENITO COUNTY HAS A SWEAT EQUITY LOAN PROGRAM THAT IS DESIGNED SPECIFICALLY FOR HOME OWNERSHIP. IT DOES NOT LOOK LIKE THE PROGRAM HAS BEEN SUCCESSFUL TO DATE BUT WE WANT TO REENGAGE HER COLLEAGUES IN SAN BENITO COUNTY WE WERE WORKING WITH A FEW YEARS AGO TO UNDERSTAND SOME OF THOSE CHALLENGES AND SEE IF THERE IS A WAY TO LEVERAGE THIS NEW USDA FUNDING THAT IS AVAILABLE ON AND DESPITE BIDEN ADMINISTRATION BUDGET. THE FUNDING AT THE STATE LEVEL IS A LITTLE BIT COMPLICATED RIGHT — ALL OF THE MULTIFAMILY DEVELOPMENT RESOURCES THAT ARE COMING FROM HE STATE ARE BEING PULLED TOGETHER INTO ONE SUPERNOVA AND THIS IS A NOTICE OF FUNDING AVAILABILITY AND THIS IS STATES EFFORT, SIMILAR TO THE COUNTY HAS DONE TO WHERE IT IS A ONE-STOP SHOP FOR RESOURCES AND THE STATE IS DOING SOMETHING VERY SIMILAR AND THEY ARE PROPOSING TO RELEASE THIS SUPERNOVA IN FEBRUARY. BUT THE DETAILS OF THOSE PROGRAMS AND HOW THEY ILL BE DISBURSED DISPERSED ARE NOT KNOWN YET. WE ARE TRACKING THAT CLOSELY AND IN THE PAST THIS GRANT PROGRAM WHICH IS THE PROGRAM WE WOULD ACCESS IS BEING LOOPED INTO THE SUPERNOVA AND SO THE DETAILS OF THAT ARE UNKNOWN AT THIS TIME WHICH IS WHY WERE ASKING FOR AN EXTENSION OF THE REPORT AND ON THE PLANNING SIDE JACLYN AND HER TEAM HAVE BEEN DOING REALLY GREAT IN TERMS OF IMPLEMENTING THE ZONING CHANGES WHICH WOULD ALLOW US TO PURSUE MORE SOLUTIONS FOR THE GROWERS IN SOUTH COUNTY.

I'M HAPPY TO TAKE ANY QUESTIONS. >> I DON'T HAVE ANY QUESTIONS AT THIS TIME. >> I HAVE COMMENTS. >> I HAVE A COUPLE OF COMMENTS. I THINK THE PLAN TO COME BACK IN NOVEMBER WHEN THERE IS MORE INFORMATION AVAILABLE MAKES SENSE. I AM FINE WITH THAT. AND I AM HAPPY JUST FOR THE RECORD TO MOVE THE RECOMMENDED ACTION WHICH IS TO RECEIVE THE REPORT. I WANT TO OFFER A COUPLE OF CAUTIONARY THINGS TO STAFF SO WE KNOW WHERE THE BOARD MEMBERS ARE COMING FROM AND THEY BOTH COME IN THE FORM OF A YES BUT. BUT ONE OF THESE IS A ESIRE FOR STAFF IN TERMS OF THE LANGUAGE WE USE TO TALK ABOUT HOUSING FOR THE AGRICULTURAL WORKFORCE ACCURATELY REFLECTING THE FACT THAT NOT ALL EMPLOYEES IN THIS INDUSTRY ARE FARM WORKERS PER SE THAT BEING SAID, THE PROPOSAL THAT I AUTHORED WITH MR.

WASSERMAN CO AUTHORSHIP WAS WAS DRIVEN BY MY INTEREST, CONCERN, AND ADD FOR FOR FARMWORKERS SO, I DON'T WANT THE EXCEPTION TO SWALLOW THE RULE. I DON'T WANT LET'S NOT FORGET OTHER AGRICULTURAL WORKFORCE FOLKS TO BECOME THE DRIVING FORCE RATHER THAN OR IN LIEU LOO OF THE FARMWORKERS AND FOLKS WHO WERE ACTUALLY OUT THERE DOING THE WORKS IN THE FIELDS AND AGAIN I AM OKAY WITH IT I WANT TO HAVE A LANGUAGE CHANGE WHICH IS FINE BUT WHAT I'M SAYING IS THAT IF SOMEONE SEWS UP WITH A PROPOSAL FOR 100 UNIT OF HOUSING AND ONLY TEN OF THE UNITS ARE FOR FOLKS WHO ARE OUT IN THE FIELD I WAS A WEIGHT THAT IS NOT WHAT WE WERE TALKING AND SO I WANT TO SHARE THAT WITH YOU NOW SO THAT YOU DID NOT GO DOWN A PATH ONLY TO SAY NO ONE EVER TOLD US THIS IS THE DRIVING CONCERN AND SO THAT'S MY FIRST YES BUT AND MY SECOND YES BUT HAS TO DO WITH AN INTEREST THAT I KNOW STAFF HAS EXPRESSED IN PROVIDING SEASONAL HOUSING AND I UNDERSTAND THAT THERE IS A NEED FOR THAT AND I AM PLEASED THAT STAFF IS MINDFUL OF THAT NEEDED AND THINKING ABOUT HOW WE COULD BE RESPONSIVE TO THAT NEED BUT MY YES BUT IS YES BUT, LET'S NOT LET THAT ET IN THE WAY OF CREATING YEAR-ROUND PERMANENT HOUSING FOR FOLKS N THE AGRICULTURAL WORKFORCE I WANT TO MAKE SURE THE DON'T FORGET SEASONAL DOESN'T BECOME THE THING THAT ENDS UP ECLIPSING SOMEHOW THE NEED FOR YEAR-ROUND HOUSING.

I THINK THAT THOSE ARE PROBABLY THE ONLY TWO OBSERVATIONS I WANTED TO MAKE SURE I GOT IN EARLY. I AM AWARE THAT THERE IS SOME EFFORT MR. CHAIR TO LOOK AT REFURBISHING HOTELS AND MOTELS AND I THINK THAT WE HAVE LEARNED THAT AS THE ECONOMY CHANGES AND OUR WORLD CHANGES THAT REPURPOSE THINK SOME EXISTING STRUCTURE SOMETIMES WORKS. AND SO I AM PLEASED THAT YOU ARE LOOKING AT A RANGE OF POSSIBILITIES I WILL SAY THINK YOU AND I'M HAPPY TO MOVE RECEIPT AND YOU HAVE COMPLETED YOUR COMMENTS AND QUESTION IN THE COMMUNITY.

>> THANK YOU. I WANT TO MOVE THIS ALONG BUT I WANT TO TAKE A MOMENT AND SAY THANK YOU TO CONSUELO AND JACK LEAN IN COLLABORATION FOR YOUR WORK IN IMPLEMENTING THE AGRICULTURAL TASK FORCE IN CREATING NEW AFFORDABLE HOUSING FOR RESIDENTS. I LOOK FORWARD TO FIND OUT WHAT FUNDING OPPORTUNITIES EXIST TO HELP BROADEN OUR TIME HERE I THINK YOU'RE HEADED AND IF WE ARE HEADING IN THIS DIRECTION BY THE ITEM THAT THE SUPERVISOR BROUGHT UP WE WILL JOIN WITH HIM THANK YOU SO MUCH. WITH THAT WE WILL CONSIDER ITEM NUMBER SEVEN AND WE WILL MOVE ON TO ITEM EIGHT RECEIVING A REPORT FROM THE OFFICE OF SUPPORTIVE HOUSING RELATED TO EXPERIENCED GAIN FROM CUBA IN 19 RESPONSE TO SUPPORTIVE INDIVIDUALS TO SUPPORT INDIVIDUALS AND FAMILIES MOVING AWAY FROM HOMELESSNESS.

>> JUST NE REPORT TO THE WRITTEN REPORT IS OUR STRATEGY AROUND PROJECT HOME >>. ONE OF THE KEY ELEMENTS FOR THINGS THAT WE LOOK TO CONTINUE POST- PANDEMIC IS OUR LEVERAGE OF THE HOME KEY BUDGET AND OUR CITY PARTNERS LOOK TO US FOR OUR EXPERTISE SO WE HAVE CREATED A SPACE FOR LESSONS LEARNED BOTH AND LOOKING AT HOME KEY FOR HOTELS AND HOUSING AND THE SIMILAR MOUNTAIN VIEW HOME KEY SITES THROUGH OUR WORK WE HAVE HAD A NUMBER OF CITY COUNCIL OF DIRECT STAFF TO WORK WITH US SPECIFICALLY CITIES OF PALO ALTO AND SANTA CLARA WHO ARE INTERESTED IN THE INTERIM HOUSING OR TEMPORARY HOUSING EXPLORING PROPERTIES OR THAT AND SO ONE OF THE THINGS IS TO CREATE THAT SPACE AND SHARE LESSONS LEARNED AND UNDERSTAND ONE OF THE BENEFITS OF THE STATUE AROUND HOME KEY HAD TO DO WITH THE STREAMLINING FROM THIS LAND-USE PERSPECTIVE AND MOST CITIES ARE UNFAMILIAR WITH THAT STATUTE AND THE GOVERNOR'S BUDGET IS UNCLEAR IF IT CONTINUES THAT STATUTE AS A PART OF HE WORK THAT WE'RE DOING IS HELPING TO NAVIGATE AND GET OUT TO HE COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT EARLIER WHICH IS ONE OF THE OTHER LESSONS.

I WANTED TO HIDE THAT WHICH IS NOT FULLY COVERED IN THE WRITTEN REPORT TO. HAPPY TO TAKE ANY QUESTIONS. >> BEFORE I TURN TO YOU, THERE IS A HAND RAISED IN A SEAT ON MY SCREEN IS THAT FOR THIS ITEM OR DID I MISS? >> I BELIEVE IT IS FOR THIS ITEM >> OKAY UNLESS YOU NEED TO COMMENT BEFORE WE WILL HEAR MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC PIER >> ALL GOOD THANK YOU PIER >> THE NEXT SPEAKER IS B BEEKMAN HAVE TWO MINUTES TO SPEAK. >> UNCLEAR BEEKMAN AND I WOULD LATE TO THE MEETING TODAY THINK YOU THAT YOU'RE WORKING TO ADDRESS THESE ISSUES. WE WANT TO CONSIDER WHAT COULD BE ETTER BUREAUCRATIC PRACTICES OVER ALL FOR ALL OF THESE COUNTIES AND LOCAL GOVERNMENTS AS WELL.

WITH THAT SAID WERE ENTERING A NEW PHASE OF COVID AND THE VACCINE PASSPORT PROCESS IS A HOT BUTTON ISSUE AT THIS TIME. I THINK IT WILL BE IMPORTANT TO START TO REALLY BRING BACK THE CONVERSATION OF WHAT EXACTLY ARE THE VACCINES AND WHAT ARE THE AVAILABILITIES OF THE VACCINES AND WHAT EXACTLY DID THEY DEAL AND HOW CAN WE TALK ABOUT THE SCIENCE OF THE VACCINE THEMSELVES AND THEY THINK WE NEED TO ESTABLISH TRUST WITH THE COMMUNITY AND BETTER BUILT UPON NEW SCIENTIFIC. WHAT IS THE AEROSOL VACCINE PROCESS ABOUT? CAN THIS BE A SUBJECT WE COULD TALK OPENLY ABOUT? I THINK IT DOES SOMETHING INTERESTING AND SAFE THAT WE SHOULD LEARN HOW TO TALK ABOUT THESE AND SOME COULD BE TOO AFRAID TO TALK ABOUT THIS PUBLICLY AND OPENLY BUT YOU NOW, IT'S ALL THESE KINDS OF SUBJECT MATTER IS THAT I DON'T WANT TO OPEN PANDORA'S BOX BUT HOW DO WE JUST BRING BACK GOOD OPEN CONVERSATION BETWEEN OURSELVES AS A COMMUNITY IS A GOOD SUBJECT MATTER SO WE'RE CLEAR IN ORDER TO BETTER HELP EACH OTHER.

THANK YOU CONCLUDES THE SPEAKERS >> OKAY NOW WE WILL GO TO ITEM NUMBER EIGHT. I HAVE A OUPLE UESTIONS. THESE PIECES PROVIDE SERVICES AND CASE MANAGEMENT AND THE PEOPLE UP AND OUT IN A WAY THAT IS REAL AND SIGNIFICANT AND DEMONSTRABLE AND I THINK THE SUPPORT OUT THERE IN THE COMMUNITY IS GREATER. IT'S SOMETHING I HEAR ABOUT THE COMMUNITIES I REPRESENT HERE. >> I CONCUR. >> I KNOW FROM THE WORK THAT WE HAVE DONE IN OTHER SETTINGS THAT THE PANDEMIC PRESENTED SOME REAL CHALLENGES IN TERMS OF CONGREGATE SETTINGS AS OPPOSED TO SEPARATE SPACES AND I GATHER THAT ONE OF THE REAL BENEFITS OF THE BIKE MOVES WITH THE CONTAINER APPROACH IS THAT IT ADDRESSES THE NEED FOR SEPARATE SPACES AND ELIMINATES THE CONCERN OR DRAMATICALLY REDUCES THE CONCERN ABOUT PROXIMITY THAT WE HAVE IN A CONGREGATE SPACE.

MY — AND MY GRASPING THAT CORRECTLY? >> THAT IS CORRECT. IT IS LOOKING AT A NEW WAY OF APPROACHING TEMPORARY HOUSING WHERE THE TRADITIONAL HOUSING HAS HAD NO INFORMATION ABOUT THAT IN THE PAST AND SO THE INTERIM HOUSING PROVIDE THIS OPPORTUNITY TO THINK DIFFERENT ABOUT HOW WE PROVIDE INTERIM SHELTERS. I FIND IS ELIMINATING AND ENCOURAGING AND THAT'S A GOOD DAY. I'M HAPPY TO SAY THANK YOU AND I MOVED TO RECEIVE THE REPORT IF THIS IS THE TIME MR. CHAIR. >> IT IS THE CHAIR. CONSUELO, THANK YOU VERY MUCH. I SEEM TO SAY THIS EVERY SINGLE MEETING BUT PHENOMENAL JOB YOU DO WITH THESE ISSUES THAT ARE CONSTANTLY MOVING. TWO EARS AGO, THIS WASN'T EVEN A THOUGHT OF OURS AND NOW YOU'RE WORKING ON FINDING SOLUTIONS FOR THIS AND WHAT YOU ARE DOING WILL HELP FIVE YEARS FROM NOW SOMETHING ELSE COMES UP AND YOU ARE CREATING THINGS AND IDEAS AND YOU MENTIONED BEFORE ON AN EARLIER ITEM HAVE YOU REACHING OUT TO OTHER COUNTIES TO SEE WHAT THEY WERE DOING AS BEST PRACTICES AND WHAT TO DO AND WHAT DOESN'T WORK AND WHAT'S SO IMPORTANT IN THE BAY AREA IS THAT WE WORK TOGETHER IN SEVEN COUNTIES CURRENTLY ARE BECAUSE IT'S COVID TODAY AND WHO KNOWS WHAT IT WILL BE TOMORROW SO THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR GOOD WORK >> WE WILL CONSIDER THIS AND RECEIVED AND WE HANDLED NINE AND WE HELD NUMBER 13 AND THAT OVES US TO ADJOURNMENT AND PEGGY I DID NOT SEE ANY SPEAKERS FOR ITEM NUMBER EIGHT DO YOU AGREE? >> THAT IS CORRECT.

>> THANK YOU. >> OKAY WELL WITH THAT I SUGGEST THAT WE ADJOURN THIS MEETING AND OUR NEXT ONE IS SCHEDULED FOR OCTOBER 27th IS THAT AGREEABLE TO YOU? >> YES IT IS PIER >> THANK YOU VERY MUCH MEETING.

As found on YouTube

Looking to see what kind of mortgage you can get? Click here to see

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *